Thursday 16 May 2013

Only 24 hours to go!





With less than 24 hours until the festival kicks off, I'm pretty excited about taking part in my first Southside Film Festival! I just came from The Glad Cafe where people are absolutely buzzing the night before it all gets underway. So while quizzers are trying to determine Who played the voice of Jessica Rabbit, I thought I'd essentially steal an idea from the good folk at Top Ten Glasgow Guide and run down some of the things I'm looking forward to over the weekend!

- I love the movie Gosford Park. It's fantastic. But somehow watching it in a swanky shiny Cineworld or shoving the DVD in my sturdy £9.99 Argos Basic DVD Player (Hey, i could either eat for the month or get a blu-ray player, don't judge) just doesn't fit. Now watching it in the picturesque victorian Pollok Park, and being served a two course meal fit for a king afterwards? That sounds right up my street!

- Up until last year, all I knew about Bollywood was the fact Shilpa Shetty from Big Brother used to do some films, until my friend sat me down and made me watch 3 Idiots with Aamir Khan and loved it! So the thought of, this weekend, getting to check out Kuch Kuch Hota Hoi, with some footage shot in the Southside is gonna be a real treat!

- Festivals tend to bring out a great sense of community from people, so I'm looking forward to chatting to new fellow film lovers whether if be over a beer after a film or at a screening before the film starts.

- I'm always a sucker for a good music documentary so I'm excited to see the doc on LCD Sound System from their last gig.

Anyway, What are you looking forward to? What are you going to see? Let us know in the comments! We'll be blogging throughout the festival letting you know what's happening. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment